ABOVE: La Bella Vita cruises in Italy's Po River Delta between Venice and Mantua.
In 2015, European Waterways is offering two opera-themed cruises aboard La Bella Vita, a luxury hotel barge that cruises between Venice and Mantua.
Each opera package will include a pre-cruise "Night at the Opera" with premium seating in the Arena di Verona, a former Roman amphitheatre in Verona (an easy drive from Padua, where you'll spend a night before boarding the hotel barge in Venice).
The dates of the two opera-themed cruises are:
- July 11-18, featuring Puccini's Tosca.
- September 5-12, featuring Verdi's Nabucco.
Other opera-related activities include:
- A visit to the Arena Museo opera museum in Verona.
- A private performance by an opera quartet aboard La Bella Vita. (We've heard the quartet, and they put on a great show.)
- Shore excursions to baroque theatres and opera houses such as Venice's Gran Teatro La Fenice.
In addition to the opera performances and activities, you'll enjoy the experience of cruising from Venice to Mantua via the Venetian Lagoon and the Po River, with a memorable overnight stay on Venice's historic waterfront.
USD prices for the cruise, pre-cruise overnight stay in Padua, and opera performance in Verona start at $5,140 per person, double occupancy.
For more information, see the La Bella Vita - Opera Cruise itinerary and La Bella Vita Barge pages at the European Waterways Web site.
We also suggest reading our illustrated La Bella Vita Barge Cruise Review at Europeforcruisers.com, which describes our own cruise from Venice to Mantua with European Waterways.
BELOW: Outside the Roman Arena in Verona, where you'll see Tosca or Nabucco during your opera-themed La Bella Vita cruise.